
Okay, so I'm peacefully sleeping in my double bed (I was confused when I said queen before) when my alarm rings at 6:40AM. Naturally I push snooze multiple times and end up rushing to shower, eat, get dressed, and head out the door at 7:45. I walk down the hall and knock on Allison's door and then we head out for our 10 minute subway ride to Gireum Station where we part ways to get our respective buses to our schools.

The bus ride varies from 15 minutes to 30 minutes...depending on the traffic. It is always crowded with students--middle school, high school, and university. I get off at the last stop and walk 3 minutes to my school. I stop by my office/room and do my best to read the day's agenda and menu before heading up a floor to the English room.

On Mondays and Tuesdays I teach grade 6 and Thursdays and Fridays grade 5. Wednesdays I teach both 6 and 5. The classes are 40 minutes long with a 10 minute break in between. The curriculum involves 16 lessons that focus on specific expressions (How was your vacation? / I'm stronger than you. / What are you doing?) and so we have listening, speaking, reading and writing activities to do within each lesson. I finish teaching at 1:40 and in the afternoons I usually plan in my room.

Next week I will be starting 2 teacher classes twice a week. School finishes at 4:40 and I retrace my steps back home to my room in the Co-op, arriving around 5:25. I usually make something to eat and then sit down in front of my computer to check my e-mails.

As for the rest of the evening it depends on the day and the week. Mondays I have my Korean class, Tuesdays I try to go the fitness room and practice Korean, and as for the other days I sometimes go shopping or walking or watch a movie...And finally bedtime happens anywhere between 10 and 12. And there you have a typical weekday in the life of Jackie. (Weekends are another whole story involving not enough sleep, a lot of walking, sightseeing, and church)
2 comments:
Wow,what a great and informative entry J. Sorry I took so long to check it! The tower is so beautiful at night and the other city buildings shots you took are excellent too.Do you get many sunny days like that one? It was really fun talking to you on your birthday-I'm glad you have such nice friends.xo mum
P.S.Tell ne about the pic with you and the pilgrim hat and spear etc.
Post a Comment