Well, it is 7:07 am and I have been up for too many hours! Actually the flight was really good. We (myself and 6 other English teachers) were all seated in the upper deck in what must have been business class. I have never been so comfortable on an airpline in my life! I could stretch my legs straight out and still not touch the seat of the person in front of me. Now I will be forever ruined.

Upon arrival at Incheon National airport, (which was very bright, shiny and fairly quiet--guess it is sometimes good to arrive in the middle of the night) we were met by some taxi drivers (but in a van) who brought us to the "Vie D'Or resort and country club" (see picture). So, now I have the day to relax as training doesn't start until tomorrow.
p.s. It was very interesting arriving in the early hours of the morning as daylight started creeping in. The mists in between the hills gave a magical effect, but the smells were not so pleasing. It was very humid and muggy (at 5:00 am!) and combined with the pollution makes me dream of mountain fresh air back home.
3 comments:
HI Jackie, Sure glad to hear that you made it safe and sound! It looks like they have started you off well by Business clas and then a resort. Too bad a bout the mountain air though. Speaking of which I really enjoyed our week in the Parc de la Gaspesie,t heat you, mike and I got to experience. Speaking of hiking Dawn and I are heading out in a few minutes to do Whiteface and Passaconaway. Hopefully we will not be crotch deep in snow this time and that we wil find the true summit of passaconaway. Have a great day and keep us posted.
Jake
Hey Jackie!!!
I'm glad that you got there safely and that you're having a good time. I hope that when you come home you will once again be in business class or else you'll find it a very long 13 hours. I miss you already, hope to see another message written sometime soon. Love you!
-Jennie
Hi Jackie
I've enjoyed reading your blog ... brings back many of my 'first' memories. The smells ... oh yes, the sensory differences in another country and one with tremendous pollution and the humidity. But all worth it because of the other wonderful adventures which we know lie ahead.
Will catch you later, Jackie. Relax and enjoy every moment.
Love
Bunny
Post a Comment