It's another Friday the 13th and I suddenly feel the need to update my blog....
(Unfortunately, this blog serves as nagging reminder that I am a procrastinator through and through instead of providing interesting thoughts and insights into my life here in Korea.)
Anyway, I have now been living in Seoul for just about 11 months!! It's been an incredible, exhilirating, exhausting, frustrating, inspiring and unforgettable experience. My biggest regret is that I don't take the time to record my thoughts.
I've really been enjoying my students at school as I get to know them better. (I only know faces though--I've given up on names) It's fun to see some of them really improve in their English. I'll be teaching a smaller group of students for a 3 weeks during the summer vacation--helping them improve their reading and conversation skills. I'm really enjoying teaching and am happy about my choice of careers.
Summer hit suddenly in Seoul--there wasn't really much of spring. The rainy season started last month, but it's really only downpoured a couple times. I was expecting rain everyday all day for a solid month... The humidity was intense for a week and then hasn't been so bad (or I've adjusted--not sure which). I went bungee jumping and rafting a few weeks ago and this weekend I'm off to a mud festival! There never is a dull moment when you live in a big city and in a country that has festivals for everything!
And so, I'm content with my decision to stay another year.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment